Business Talent – Significant Business History Stream Subclass 132SBH Visa
The Significant Business History Stream Visa is a Permanent Residency Visa for business owners or part owners wishing to do business in Australia and willing to make a business investment of $AU1.5m to $5m or higher.
Applicants must also be nominated by a State or Territory Government and satisfy the usual health and character criteria.
How do I qualify for the Significant Business History Stream 132SBH Visa?
To be eligible to apply for this visa, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Not be aged over 55 at the time of invitation to apply for the visa or are proposing to establish or participate in business or investment activity deemed of exceptional economic benefit by the nominating State or Territory Government
- Be nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government
- Demonstrate previous successful business ventures
- For at least 2 of the 4 immediate previous fiscal years, before the time of invitation to apply for the visa:
- Have had ownership interest in one or more established qualifying businesses with a net asset value of at least $AU400,000
- Had one or more main businesses with an annual revenue of at least $AU3m
- Have combined business and personal assets with a net value of at least $AU1.5m, which were lawfully acquired and available to transfer to Australia within 2 years of the visa grant
- No history of involvement in business or investment activities that are generally not acceptable in Australia
- Applicant and accompanying family members must meet standard health and character criteria
What this visa will allow you to do:
- Establish or invest in an existing business in Australia
- Work and study in Australia, indefinitely
- Bring immediate family members, who may also work and study
- Enrol in Medicare
- Sponsor eligible relatives for migration
- Travel to and from Australia for the 5 year life of the initial visa
How do I apply for the Significant Business History Stream 132SBH Visa?
Applicants must first be nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government. Note that each State or Territory Government may have vary requirements.
Applicants then need to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) with the Australian Immigration department, and will then be invited to apply for the visa.
The government charges for visa applications can be found here.
Which visa is right for you?
Contact us at the Point Migration Agency team office or submit a query online
The Business Innovation Stream Visa is a temporary visa for applicants who are willing to either establish a new business or buy into an existing business in Australia, and willing to live in Australia while undertaking a role running the business.
The Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream is a Permanent Residency Visa for applicants who have sourced venture capital funding of at least $AU1m from a member of The Private Equity Australian Venture Capital Association Limited.