The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) announced on the 5th April 2020 updates to the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408), in response to the current coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic.
What does the Temporary Activity (subclass 408) COVID-19 Pandemic visa allow?
- the holder will be able to remain in Australia if there are no other visa options available, and the applicant is unable to depart Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions
- the holder will be able to remain in Australia to assist in the workforce for critical sectors such as healthcare, disability and aged care and agriculture during the COVID-10 pandemic.
Who is eligible for the Temporary Activity (subclass 408) COVID-19 Pandemic event visa?
Applicants do not need to be endorsed in writing to apply for the COVID-19 Pandemic event visa. This visa is only available to people who are currently:
- onshore in Australia
- with 28 days or less remaining on their current visa, or
- where their last substantive visa has expired up to 28 days previously
What are the COVID-19 Pandemic visa conditions:
- the visa holder, and accompanying eligible family members, must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws
- the visa holder, and accompanying eligible family members, must comply with all public health directions to help stay safe and help the fight against COVID-19
- the applicant needs to currently be in Australia to be granted the COVID-19 Pandemic event visa
- activities of the the visa holder, and accompanying eligible family members, must not harm the work, training or job conditions of Australian citizens or permanent residents
Visa fees and charges:
If you are applying for the COVID-19 Pandemic event visa, you do not have to pay the Department of Home Affairs visa application charge.
How Point Migration Agency can help
For more information on the Temporary Activity (subclass 408) COVID-19 Pandemic event visa please visit the DHA website here. At Point Migration Agency our experienced team of registered migration agents can help you to assess your own individual circumstances and skills to help you properly understand the visa application process and to determine which visa would be most appropriate for you. We can then help to guide you through the entire process, included gathering all of the required documentation and evidence as well as helping you to enrol and complete a relevant skills assessment. To organise an initial consultation to discuss your options please either contact us or call us today at 1300 815 956.