Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa Subclass 186
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 Visa allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia (Direct Entry Stream).
This visa is for Australian employers who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in their business. The employee can be either a highly skilled worker from overseas or a highly skilled temporary resident currently in Australia who holds a Subclass 457 or Subclass 482 visa.
Who is eligible for the Employer Nomination Scheme?
Visa applicants who currently are in or outside of Australia and have a prospective sponsor can apply for sponsored 186 Visa.
What are the Employer and Position Requirements for the Employer Nomination Scheme?
To participate in the Employer Nomination Scheme, the employer must:
- be actively and lawfully operating a business in Australia
- have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a position in their business
- follow all relevant Australian laws and have a satisfactory record of meeting immigration laws (if applicable)
- have met training benchmark requirement
- provide the employee with an offer of permanent employment
The nominated position must meet the following requirements:
- be full-time, ongoing and available for at least 2 years
- provide working conditions that are no less favourable than provided for under the relevant Australian legislation and awards
- be a highly skilled occupation that is on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) and it must meet the minimum salary level for ENS.
Temporary Residence Transition stream
If you have worked for the nominating employer for the past three years as a holder of a Subclass 457/482 visa you may be eligible for this stream.
Benefits of an Employer Nomination Scheme Sponsored Visa
This visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.
Nomination and Visa Charges can be found here.
Which visa is right for you?
Contact us at the Point Migration Agency team office or submit a query online
The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa Subclass 494 allows skilled workers to live and work in a designated regional area of Australia for up to 5 years.
The Training Subclass 407 Visa is a temporary visa for those who wish to undertake workplace based occupational training or professional development in Australia. This visa allows the holder to improve their skills in their current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise.