Temporary Skill Shortage TSS Subclass 482 Visa

Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa Subclass 482

The Temporary Work Visa (Subclass 457) has been replaced by the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa (Subclass 482) on 18 March 2018.

How do I qualify for the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Subclass 482 Visa?

Eligibility for the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa:

Short Term Stream

This stream is available if an employer wishes to sponsor an overseas skilled worker) on a temporary basis only in occupations listed on the Short-term Skilled Occupation list (STSOL) for a TSS visa. It can be used to fill positions for a maximum of two years or four years if an International Trade Obligation (ITO) applies.

Medium Term Stream

This stream is available if an employer wishes to sponsor an overseas skilled worker for periods of up to four years in occupations listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Regional Occupation List (ROL) for a TSS.

Labour Agreement Stream

This stream is available if your employer wishes to sponsor an overseas worker and has entered into a labour agreement with the Department.

You might be able to get this visa, as an overseas worker, if you:
  • Have been nominated for a position by an approved sponsor and that nomination has been approved
  • Meet any required skills and qualifications requirements including completing any skills assessments required
  • Meet English language requirements
  • If in Australia, hold a substantive visa, a 010 (Bridging A) visa, a 020 (Bridging B) visa or a 030 (Bridging C) visa
  • Have substantially complied with any conditions that apply or applied to your last visa
  • Meet health and character requirements
  • Meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply.
  • Have at least two years work experience in your occupation.

Note: There is no age limit on this visa.

How do I apply for the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Subclass 482 Visa?

Before you can apply for a TSS visa, your proposed employer will need to lodge a nomination application for you. They will only be able to do this if they are an approved sponsor or have at least lodged an application to become a standard business sponsor. If your employer is still an approved 457 sponsor then they can sponsor you for a TSS (Subclass 482) under that existing sponsorship.

Sponsors also need to evidence mandatory labour market testing to show that they cannot employ an Australian into the position.

What this visa will allow you to do:

This visa allows you to travel to and from Australia for the duration of your visa and:

  • if you are the primary visa holder, to work in Australia for an approved sponsor in your nominated occupation
  • if you are a family member, to work and study in Australia
Visa Charges:

Sponsorship, Nomination and Visa Charges can be found here.

Our Services

Which visa is right for you?

Contact us at the Point Migration Agency team office or submit a query online

The best company ever!!! I’m finally an Australian resident, and I have to thank you guys for the huge support that you gave me to achieve this dream!!! Thanks to the amazing knowledge of Elizabeth, I’ve applied in the easiest way ever and after exactly 9 months I’m officially a permanent resident!!! Thanks guys

Recent Posts
Training Visa Subclass 407

Training Visa Subclass 407

The Training Subclass 407 Visa is a temporary visa for those who wish to undertake workplace based occupational training or professional development in Australia. This visa allows the holder to improve their skills in their current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise.

Read More »
Looking for expert visa advice?