Training Visa Subclass 407
The Training Subclass 407 Visa is a temporary visa for those who wish to undertake workplace based occupational training or professional development in Australia. This visa allows the holder to improve their skills in their current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise.
How do I qualify for the Training Subclass 407 Visa?
To be eligible for the training visa you must:
- be sponsored by an approved sponsor, to participate in relevant professional development or occupational training programs directly from the sponsor
- have been nominated for an approved occupation position by an approved Australian temporary activities sponsor, and that nomination has been approved
- be invited to apply for the visa, if the sponsor is a Commonwealth agency
- be undertaking training in an occupation on the 407 Training Visa Occupations List, and have already worked or studied full time in this occupation for at least 12 months full time in the last 24 months
- be at least 18 years old at the time of visa grant decision, in most circumstances
- meet English language requirements
- if applying in Australia, hold a substantive visa that is NOT a:
- Subclass 403 Temporary Work Visa in the Domestic Worker (Diplomatic or Consular stream)
- Subclass 771 Transit Visa, or
- Special Purpose Visa
- meet health and character requirements
- meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply.
- demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves in Australia
- Be a genuine temporary entrant
How do I apply for the Training Subclass 407 Visa?
Before you can apply for a Training visa, your proposed sponsor will need to lodge a nomination application for you. They will only be able to do this if they are an approved sponsor or have at least lodged an application to become a sponsor.
This visa can be applied for both onshore and offshore.
What this visa will allow you to do
This is a temporary visa which allows the holder to:
- Temporarily live in Australia for up to 2 years and complete the training specified in your application
- Leave and re-enter Australia frequently till the visa is valid
- Bring eligible family members to accompany you in Australia
Sponsorship, Nomination and Visa Charges can be found here.
Which visa is right for you?
Contact us at the Point Migration Agency team office or submit a query online
The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa Subclass 494 allows skilled workers to live and work in a designated regional area of Australia for up to 5 years.
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 Visa allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia (Direct Entry Stream).